What is an Adult Day Program?
Adult Day Programs (ADP) offer wellness and health promotion services for individuals living in the community and are over 65 years of age. The Father Lacombe Adult Day Program provides up to six hours of wellness programing each day. The program operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm and from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm each Wednesday.
Is an Adult Day Program right for you?
An Adult Day Program is a friendly environment that focuses on wellness and health promotion for clients, and respite for caregiving family members, knowing their loved one is safe and benefiting from the company of others.
Considerations for an ADP
- You are losing structure to your days;
- You feel isolated and you do not have enough time with other people;
- Meal assistance including modified diets and tube feeds;
- You have issues with safety in your own home;
- You spend entire days alone or live with someone who spends most of the day away from home.
Who Provides an ADP?
The Father Lacombe Adult Day Program is managed by a Licensed Practical Nurse who is responsible for developing and implementing your plan of care and goals.
- Health Care Aides provide health monitoring, supervision, recreational and leisure activities;
- A Licensed Practical Nurse provides health monitoring, medication assistance or administration;
- Food Services staff provide a full lunch, snacks, and beverages; and
- Your family and informal caregivers are important members of your care team and are welcome to participate in your care.
How do I access an Adult Day Program?
If you are currently receiving home care services, speak with your case manager or your physician. For information on accessing an adult day program in your area, please call HEALTHLINK 811.